This was my favorite place to play in the hotel.
Our first stop was in the heart of Palmyra, NY where the 5,000 copies of the first edition Book of Mormon were printed.
We then went to the historic recreation of the Joseph Smith Sr. log cabin where Joseph Smith Jr. lived with his family when he was first called by God.
We then walked through the Sacred Grove where Joseph Smith, in a vision, saw God the Father and Jesus Christ after praying about which of the many christian churches to join.
Mom and I are in the room where the ancient Prophet Moroni came to Joseph Smith Jr. in a vision.
Moroni was the final custodian of an ancient record, written by the Prophets and Apostles of Jesus Christ on the American Continent from about 600 B.C. until 400 A.D., and known to us as The Book of Mormon.
The Smith family farm, which was constructed by the Smith boys for their family.
Looking from the Sacred Grove back towards the Smith family log cabin
come on slow pokes.. lets go!
come on, come on, come on
I'm going in, you guys can catch up later
so peaceful and so beautiful
looking up at the tops of the trees
Mom and I by a statue of Joseph Smith at the Hill Cumorah Visitors' Center
Dad and I in front of the Hill Cumorah Monument
Mom and I in front of the monument
relaxing back at the hotel
The next monring, I helped Dad with the bags, then we were off to Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls - US on the left, Canada on the right
The lower left falls are the Bridal Veil Falls. At the base of the Bridal Veil Falls is the Cave of Winds.
The larger falls are known as Horseshoe Falls.
The larger falls are known as Horseshoe Falls.
are we at the circus?
Cave of Winds on Goat Island.
We are near the hurricane deck, just feet from the thundering waters!
We took an elevator 175 feet down into the Niagara Gorge
overlooking the Bridal Veil Falls
looking straight down over Bridal Veil Falls
If you look closely, you can see the Cave of Winds Tour on the left at the base of the falls
overlooking the Horseshoe Falls
Up stream from Horseshoe Falls
more plastic? this can't end well
On the "Maid of the Mist" which passes in front of the Bridal Veil Falls and the Horseshoe Falls.
HORSESHOE FALLS!!
From the observation deck. Bridal Veil Falls on the left, and Horseshoe Falls above
We had an amazing trip, but I'm hungry and tired





























No comments:
Post a Comment